The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
We’re growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly- energized environment with some of the most talented, creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
We are looking for an insights leader with deep music knowledge to lead insights at Apple Music. In this role, you will lead a global team of Music Insights Analysts and support Apple Music’s global content teams. Come work with us and use your passion for data and people to help shape the future of music.
- 6+ years experience leading analytics teams and managing people.
- Experience working in and through ambiguity; and in developing and exercising cross-functional influence is a must.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to find creative solutions when roadmaps are full in a very dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of statistical and forecasting principles.
- Experience creating compelling data visualizations and building presentations using Keynote.
- Should exhibit confidence in calling out issues and presenting to senior management on project status and schedules.
- Show an ability to lead impactful programs independently under concurrent deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral – you can convey complex ideas simply.
- Self-starter and results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn.
- Critical and curious thinker with the ability to focus on both the details and big picture.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services is preferred.
- Technical Qualifications:
- Advanced Excel skills and comfort working with Python, R, SQL and related tools.
- Proficient use of data systems and web-based data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insights synthesis and presentations is required.
- Experience designing centralized data solutions with scale and optimization in mind.
- Experience working with external data science and data engineering teams.
- Experience with Spark/Hadoop clusters is highly preferred.
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships in business and technical terms.
- Comfort working with ambiguous and unproven data.
- Aptitude for synthesizing complex data into key components that drive informed decisions.
Music Insights is part of the Music Insights and Strategic Project Development group. The team develops new ideas and guides new initiatives to market. We also inform content strategies, programs, and partnerships with analysis and insights. This is a highly visible team within the Apple Music organization.
As Music Insights Manager, you are responsible for insights across Apple Music Editorial and Apple Music Radio. This includes analysis of on and off platform trends and engagement. In this role, you will lead a global team of Insights Analysts, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment. Inspiring and developing your team is core to your everyday. You will also perform analysis and present findings to internal and external audiences. This is a hands-on position. You will lead the strategy of centralized insights solutions enabling easy self serve access to key insights across the Editorial organization.
Additionally, you will build relationships with key stakeholders, understanding their objectives and needs. You should be at ease prioritizing individual needs against larger organizational goals. You should also be comfortable encouraging collaboration and working in a fast-paced environment.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business or related subject.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $152,000 and $285,900, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.